Though in a small town, you’ll find plenty of delicious locally owned and operated Fernie restaurants to choose from! Many of these establishments not only provide a mouth-watering culinary experience but also have great locations and proximity to the mountain. Listed below are a variety of Fernie restaurants conveniently organized to make your search that much easier! If you have any questions or need a personalized recommendation, contact our office today, we are happy to help make your vacation that much more unforgettable!
Whether it is a traditional sit-down bacon ‘n eggs breakfast or breakfast on a freshly baked bagel, there is no shortage of venues to satisfy those morning hunger pangs before you set off to enjoy your day. Fuel up before you head out!
From fast food drive-thrus to leisurely lunches on sundecks to cozy restaurants with roaring fireplaces, lunch is easy to find in Fernie and will fill your ‘lunch tank’ to get you through your busy afternoon!
Locals Tip – In the summer head to the main street in historic downtown Fernie and pick a patio to enjoy the great outdoors on at
Another fantastic Fernie restaurant to get a great view at is the Bridge Bistro on Highway 3 overlooking the Elk River. Give it a try!
Dinner in Fernie is absolutely second to none! Whether you have a hankering for a good steak, fine dining, sushi, curry or South American, just to name a few, you won’t be let down. Discover a few of our favorite Fernie restaurants for dinner:
- Nevados – South American Cuisine
- The Curry Bowl – Delicious Asian Cuisine: Thai, Indian, Japanese, and Vietnamese flavors.
- Yamagoya – ‘The Best Sushi in the Kootenays’ and a great atmosphere to boot!
- Fernie Cattle Co – Fernie’s premier steakhouse!
- Not Just Pizza – Pizza and more for delivery or takeout.
There are a plethora of specialty coffee shops offering ‘warm from the oven’ muffins, scones, sausage rolls and other delicious snacks, that’s where you’ll find locals gathering to discuss a prime fishing spot, their favorite bike trail or what will surely be best run of the day at the ski hill. These gems also have lunch menus available.
Bars & Pubs
Après ski, golf, fish, hike or bike, whichever it is, there is always a place to grab a warm or cold beverage after your most amazing day ever! Indoors or outdoors, Fernie has all sorts of bars and pubs to choose from. Even better? They all serve food to keep you tied over until dinner time heck, why not even stay for dinner!
- The Northern – Serves local Fernie beers on tap and is great for watching sports games.
- The Brickhouse – Serves local Fernie beers on tap, as well as a local selection of BC beers, and has live music on Thursdays!
- Griz Bar – The legendary Griz Bar is located right on the hill at Fernie Alpine Resort.