Fernie Lodging Company – COVID-19 – Enhanced Services
Here at Fernie Lodging Company, we are committed to mitigating the spread of COVID-19, by adjusting daily to the impact of the pandemic. As per Work Safe BC we have developed a COVID-19 safety plan. These are practices, policies and new procedures based upon advice given by our local governments, Work Safe BC, Center for Controlled Diseases, Ministry of Health and we will be consistently updating our safety precautions as the situation develops.
To learn more about the enhanced measures we are taking at Fernie Lodging Company, we have included information on our commitment to cleanliness and safety below so that you can feel confident and safe when booking a stay at one of our vacation rentals:
Guest Protocols to Mitigate Risk
All guests and owners are required to wear masks when entering all buildings and common areas.
- We encourage all our guests to book with Fernie Lodging Company directly to ensure that they are kept up to date on current operating procedures.
- We ask all guests to self-identify if they themselves or any of their group are at risk to COVID-19: if yes, we ask them to postpone their travel until risk spread has passes in order to ensure the health and safety of all guests and employees.
- Distancing markers and plexiglass barriers have been installed at the front desk of both Timberline Lodge and Snow Creek Lodge to minimize the interaction with our guests and staff.
- Respect staff and other guests by maintaining a distance of 2 meters or 6 feet between you and others.
- Wash hands often with soap & water or hand sanitizer. There will be hand sanitizer stations placed within key public areas within each building.
- Contactless check in/check out will be taking place during this time, our dedicated reservation and guest service team will guide you through each step of the digital way.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
We understand that intensified cleaning services are required during this COVID-19 situation to provide the safest and cleanest environment possible for all visitors. Enhanced sanitation and cleaning protocols have been implemented to ensure our guests rooms meet and exceed all government guidelines:
- Enhanced cleaning checklists have been implemented which include the sanitizing of all high touch surface areas within the unit as well as proper quarantine rest periods.
- Housekeeping daily stay cleans have been cancelled – additional linens and amenities are available at the front desk if required.
- Laundry is washed at the highest appropriate setting and dried before handling.
- In addition to guest units/homes intensified cleaning protocols apply to all common areas of our buildings (door handles / front desk / lobby furniture / vending machines / pool, hot tub and changing rooms)
- These high-risk areas will be cleaned a minimum 2-3 times a day or more depending on usage.
Pool & Hot Tub – Hours yet to be determined.
- Access to the common pool and hot tub at Timberline Lodge and Snow Creek Lodge will be by a unique key card or code with capacity restrictions in place.
- Bookings will be required for one ‘bubble at a time for maximum of 6 people.
- Access codes/keys and booking sheet will be located at the front desk.
- Guest must adhere to personal hygiene etiquette before entering the facilities.
- Do not use if you have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Chemical testing is completed twice a day to ensure safe chemical levels as per national guidelines.
- All changing rooms and touch surfaces will be sanitized a minimum 2-3 times a day or more depending on usage.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available in the change rooms and entrance of pool.
Staff Protocols to Mitigate Risk
- All FLC employees are receiving frequent training on the enhanced protocols and procedures.
- Mandatory mask policy is in place.
- Guest units and homes will be left vacant for an appropriate quarantine period after sanitization before being entered by our suite care employees.
- Employees are not to come in if they have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or have in the last 10-14 days.
- Staff will respect other employees and guests by maintaining 2-meter distance or 6 feet apart.
- COVID-19 check lists and wellness checks will be completed by staff prior to all shifts.
If you have any questions of concerns, you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-800-667-9911.